A high-end camcorder can make a big difference in video quality, but the sophisticated camcorder is not budget-friendly. In that case, it is worth considering a mid-range camera, and you may look for the best camcorder under 300.
In an era full of technology, whether you have a camcorder or not, you undoubtedly have any other device which records video. It can be smartphones, or iPods, or digital cameras that will assist in recording video. But having a camcorder can make the professional job easier. Camcorders also provide many options which will assist in capturing fast sports also easily. Now, the question comes which camcorder is appropriate for capturing sports videos in the budget. Here is a list of the camcorders under the $300 category available in the market.
Best Camcorder Under 300: Buying Guide
- 1 Best Camcorder Under 300: Buying Guide
- 2 1. Sony HDRCX440
- 3 2. Canon VIXIA HF R700
- 4 3. ORDRO HDR-AC3 Review
- 5 4. Panasonic HC V160 Long Camcorder:
- 6 5. Zohulu Full Spectrum Camcorder
- 7 6. Panasonic HC V180K Full HD Camcorder:
- 8 7. Sony HDR CX405/B Full HD Camcorder:
- 9 8. Canon VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder:
- 10 Conclusion
- Best Zooming Lens – Canon VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder
- Best Value for Money-Sony HDR CX405/B Full HD Camcorder
- Best Audio Quality – Panasonic HC V180K Full HD Camcorder
- Best Night Camera- Zohulu Full Spectrum Camcorder
- Best for Personal Usage- Panasonic HC V160 Long Camcorder
- Best for Vlogging- Ordro Z20MW
- Best Video Quality – Canon VIXIA HF R700
- Best for Live Streaming – Sony HDRCX440
1. Sony HDRCX440
If you get Sony HDRCX440 under a budget of 300 with all advanced features, what can be better than that? HDRCX440 is also one of the bestselling products of the CX series in Sony. Moreover, The newly launched version of Sony is a cinematographer’s dream choice as filming a video up to 1080p high definition resolution, and clicking pictures are possible with this camcorder. Again, The camera has a 30x optical zooming feature, which is great to take nearby shots clearly with better video quality.
Sony HDRCX440 offers a manual lens cover. It will be easy for the videographer to operate it. A switch is present on the side of the camera for better handling.
The Wi-Fi feature makes the camcorder more user-friendly. On the other hand, by installing an app named PlayMemories on the smartphone, you can easily transfer the videos from Sony HDRCX440 to your phone. Again, live streaming is also super easy with this camcorder.
- Optical steady shot™
- Intelligent Active mode
- Wide-angle lens up to 26.8 mm
- 30x optical zoom
- Multi-camera control
- Live streaming via Ustream
- One-touch remote
- One-touch sharing
- 9.2 MP still image capture
- Quality video can produce using 1080p high definition resolution
- Light-weighted to hold
- Offers multi camera control
- It offers only 30x optical zoom
- It offers no slow-motion feature
With a limited budget, Sony HDRCX440 offers the best it can provide. However, it will fulfill the basic features which any videographer desires to have. If you have a limited budget and want to explore the best basic features, this camcorder can be an ideal choice for you.
Related Article: Best camcorder under 500
2. Canon VIXIA HF R700
To capture family moments or to shoot creative videos, Canon VIXIA HF R700 is always there as a cinematographer’s ideal choice. 57x advanced zooming feature helps the cinematographer to capture the distant shots clearly effortlessly, and SuperRange Optical Image Stabilizer provides flexibility in your shoot. It is possible to capture a smooth and steady video while also walking because of the advanced stabilizer.
The camcorder also offers a removable SD memory cards slot option. The SD card gives a quick sharing facility of the recorded files. So, the beginners will find fun while using the clear and bright LCD screen. The screen is convenient to use both indoors and outdoors.
The long-range shooting using Canon VIXIA HF R700 helps the videographer to capture videos with dynamic verities. By using this camcorder, it is easy to capture formal ceremonies, candid family videos, or distant topics like animals in the wild, and more.
By using the advanced zooming option, it is possible to shift telephoto power from 32.5mm all the way to 1853mm (35mm equivalent). There are 15 different levels available to enhance the zooming section.
This camcorder is also appropriate for recording sports video as the 1080/60p captures twice the amount of information. It is possible to capture at a rate of up to 60 frames per second. It is easy to capture fast-moving objects with better sound quality.
- 57x advanced zoom
- SuperRange optical image stabilization
- 3.28 Megapixel Full HD CMOS image sensor
- Highlight Priority mode
- DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor
- Highlight Priority Mode
- The advanced stabilizer helps to get a steady and smooth shot
- SD provides a quick sharing facility.
- New user friendly
- LCD Touchscreen
- Doesn’t have any Wi-Fi technology.
Having been able to record in 60fps, the camcorder will be great to record fast-moving objects like animals and sports. Again the camcorder turns well for those also who wanted to record their family times. The camcorder also produces quality images, so cinematography and photography will be super easy if you are on a trip.
3. ORDRO HDR-AC3 Review
On an affordable budget, ORDRO HDR-AC3 arranges one of the unique features. The camcorder comes with an 8 MP CMOS sensor. Those who are interested in vlogging, shooting YouTube videos can get their perfect match in Ordro Z20MW. It comes in a portable storage bag to carry the camcorder outside the home.
The camera offers a quality video with a resolution of 24MP and 2880×2160 24FPS. And 1700mAh batteries allow us to shoot up to 3 hours continuously using this camcorder. Furthermore, on A short family trip or hanging out with friends, you can easily capture your memorable moments with ORDRO HDR-AC3.
There is a special feature of LED video light for the photographer with 96 light bulbs. Whether the temperature is warm or cold, the lights will assist the cinematographer in fixing it according to his needs.
NCR noise reduction during recording is also available in the video camera to reduce background noises. It picks the original sound and cancels the noise, which ensures a clear quality of sound.
The night mode feature makes this camcorder different from others. There is a mode entitled the IR mode appropriate for outdoor shots to capture videos at night. Any particular things such as animals, birds, flowers, or other scenery can be shot using this camcorder. There is also a zoom-in/out facility. The device also can be used as a webcam to do live streaming.
- 5 MP CMOS sensor
- 3″ TFT LCD screen along with 270-degree rotation
- 0.39 x 72 mm 2 in 1 HD wide-angle lens
- 1700mAh batteries
- LED video light with 96 light bulbs
- NCR noise reduction while recording
- IR mode for an outdoor night shot
- Cancels all the background noise and ensures the clear audio quality.
- Best to shot at night time
- Incredible zoom in/out facility
- Poor color rendering option
If you are an adventurous person and want to start vlogging. Then ORDRO HDR-AC3can be your ideal choice. The excellent camera quality will help you showcase your creativity, and the unique features will help you enhance your content quality. So, being a beginner,ORDRO HDR-AC3 can be your friend to accompany you in your vlogging journey.
4. Panasonic HC V160 Long Camcorder:
Panasonic HC V160 Long Camcorder comes at an affordable price under 300 is the successor of the older version HC-V130, released in 2015. While considering the design, there is nothing new, and it follows the same pattern of HC-V130. It weighs around 181 grams, which is quite handy to carry. It is also Panasonic’s one of the best selling camcorders until 2017. In 2017, Panasonic came with a new version in this series entitled Panasonic Hc-V180.
Like the previous one, HC-V130, HC V160 also has a 970 mAh rechargeable battery, which will last up to 1 hour only. One of the noticeable additions in this series is the electronic image stabilizer. Though this kind of stabilizer is common in high-end brands, the electronic image stabilizer is something to talk about on a limited budget.
The videographer can maximize the zoom level to 38x. A feature named intelligent zoom is there to enlarge the zooming section to 77x where the HC-V130 can offer only 75x.
The 32 mm wide angle lens can provide a better opportunity for capturing landscape views even in a busy schedule. It will record in 1080-pixels resolution; for that, you can get great video output. Again, for single photography, several extra features like an eight-millimeter, time-lapse, silent movie, and other cool recording effects are available.
- 32.3mm wide-angle lens
- Electronic image stabilizer.
- 8.9 mega pixels still images
- Weighs around 181 grams
- 970 mAh rechargeable battery
- LCD touchscreen display
- Records soft, quality, and sharp videos
- Fabulous zooming quality up to 77x
- Incredible image stabilizer to sharp the dizzy images
- Low battery charging
- Poor audio recording
The Panasonic HC V160 Long Camcorder will be suitable for shooting personal stuff. It can be your daily memory capturer. In a nutshell, it can be said that this camcorder is not appropriate for professional use, yet great for personal usage.
5. Zohulu Full Spectrum Camcorder
If you are an adventurous person and interested in ghost hunting, Zohulu Full Spectrum Camcorder can be your good friend to accompany.
Paranormal investigation is turning into a new interest of many people. People want to explore more in the unknown world. And to fulfill the mission, a specialized camcorder like Zohulu Full Spectrum Camcorder has been brought in the market, which is able to capture the night adventurous.
Talking about the design, this camcorder contains an IPS touch screen, which helps the user to operate the menu even in the darkest time of the night. Again from infrared to full spectrum, videographers can change the camera using touch buttons. The camcorder contains 24 megapixels to record quality videos. Again the 30x zooming feature gives the videographer an opportunity to capture enhanced video and pictures.
As this camcorder is specially designed for the nighttime, it contains two rechargeable Li-Battery, and the charge lasts up to 200 minutes which is a great deal at such an affordable price. The videographer can work long with the battery life in the night.
- 30x advanced zoom
- 32 GB SD card
- 3.0 captivated touch screen
- Two slots of SD/TF cards
- Two rechargeable Li-Battery
- The pause feature helps the user to pause the video at inappropriate times and start again.
- The battery lasts up to 200 minutes
- Connected to Wi-Fi and smartphone
- Not water resistant
If you are interested in nighttime shots of wildlife, sceneries, or any other paranormal activity, then Zohulu Full Spectrum Camcorder can be your ideal choice. In most cases, it delivers what it promises. Just be a bit careful with the camcorder so that you can deal with the water-resistant issue. Otherwise, all other features are incredible to invest in such an affordable budget for using both personal and professional purposes.
6. Panasonic HC V180K Full HD Camcorder:
The Panasonic HC V180K Full HD Camcorder works as one of the basic camcorders of Panasonic’s 2016 lineup with a wide angle lens. It comes in the market as the successor of the Panasonic HC-V160. With the price under $300, it provides the user all the core facilities which a basic camcorder should offer.
With a 2.7-inch LCD display, it offers a 50X and 90X Optical Zoom. Panasonic HC V180K includes a 28mm wide-angle lens. If the videographer wants to capture a large audience, this lens will help him to capture more people in the lens. For example, clicking a group photos in a small place.
The advanced BSI (Back-Illuminated Sensor) will help the videographer to capture high-definition video. The videographer does not need to worry about the time, as in both bright and low lighting conditions, the sensor automatically fixes the lighting. So, it becomes an ideal choice for both indoor and outdoor events. Sunrises, or sunsets, the camcorder is ready to set the lightings. It will be ideal for a wedding or church cinematography.
Panasonic HC V180K Full HD Camcorder weighs only 7.5 ounces. So it is also easier for the videographer to carry the camera throughout his work if the tripod is not available. Being an advanced piece of the Panasonic HC family, it definitely lacks the manual control option. But it is super affordable while thinking about the price and the available facilities.
- A 5-axis image stabilizer.
- 50x optical zoom and up to 90x intelligent zooming
- 28mm wide-angle lens
- An advanced BSI (Back-Illuminated Sensor)
- 2.7-inch wide touch-screen LCD monitor (230,400 dots)
- 2-channel zoom microphone for pleasant audio quality
- Offers a developed lens and microphone.
- 28 Mbps AVCHD recording available
- Suitable for group pictures in a small space.
- Advanced facilities come at an affordable price.
- Lacking manual controls
Undoubtedly Panasonic HC V180K Full HD Camcorder is one of the most inexpensive and user-friendly camcorders available in the market. Those who are looking for more manual options can look for another camcorder. But those who want something affordable, light-weighted with a super camera and audio quality can be stuck to this one.
7. Sony HDR CX405/B Full HD Camcorder:
Sony released another camcorder of the CX series entitled Sony HDR CX405/B Full HD Camcorder in 2015. Having a first look, it can be said that Sony focuses much on the design of the camcorder. For the better and safe movement of the videographer, the camcorder contains a hand strap.
The resolution is one of the best parts of Sony HDR CX405/B as it is possible to capture videos up to 1080p. Another attractive part is the rotating LCD screen of the camcorder, which runs with a toggle button. This feature is better for those users who find it uncomfortable using a touchscreen.
The device also contains the feature of 30x optical zoom, which is a bit less than other available camcorders in the market. With this optical zoom, the cinematographer can take quality shots of the nearby locations. The high-bitrate XAVC S format will assist the videographer in taking exceptional shots and exporting the sizes according to the wish of the consumer.
Another unique feature of this series is the smile shutter option. Even if the cinematographer is shooting a video, the camcorder can automatically click snapshots of the smiling faces. It is a great feature for the user to satisfy their clients with their smiling faces. Again, the dual memory card slot gives the user more storage options. So in case of emergency, the videographer can get ready with another SD card to shoot the video.
- Zeiss 30x Optical Zoom Lens
- Optical steady shot image stabilization
- Wide angle lens up to 26.8 mm
- The high-bitrate XAVC S format
- Built-in USB cable
- Smile shutter
- Dual memory card compatibility
- Better image stabilizer to fix shaky shots
- Capture videos up to 1080p
- A feature for noise reduction
- Smile shutter to automatically click snapshots of smiling faces
- No Wi-Fi connectivity
- Lacking of touchscreen option
Like other camcorders of Sony, within an affordable price, it provides the user maximum they can afford. Even the cinematographer can explore several available options on the camcorder to capture the video whatever it is outdoor or indoor. Sony HDR CX405/B will not fail the user in low light also. So, this camcorder is suitable for both personal and professional use.
8. Canon VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder:
Canon VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder is providing one of the most powerful zooming facilities. It is easy to zoom in and capture the near, distant, and in between moments by using the 57x zooming camcorder. VIXIA HF R800 offers 15 different digital zoom settings to enhance the quality of your video. It has telephoto power which will help the videographer from turning 32.5mm all the way to 1853mm (35mm equivalent). With this amazing flexibility of recording, capturing the most distant shoot becomes so easy for the videographer.
It has a 3.0-inch capacitive touch panel. While shooting in the outdoors under the sun, the LCD screen helps to get a bright and clear output. It contains a SuperRange Optical Image Stabilizer. The stabilizer assists the videographer to dismiss camera shake quickly. Even if the filmmaker is not using a tripod, the chances are low to get a shaky output because of this feature. The camcorder is light-weighted to hold.
It is easy to change the SD cards for the videographer even during a busy match. Though the camcorder does not offer a Wi-Fi facility, it provides a Camera Window DC software. The videographer can transfer the videos to a PC or Mac by using this software.
- The 57x Advanced Zoom co-operates with the videographer to record videos with dynamic variety.
- The flexibility of the camcorder’s telephoto power is from 32.5mm to 1853mm (35mm equivalent).
- Optical Image Stabilization to make the shaky shoots steady and sharp.
- A 3.28 Megapixel Full HD CMOS Image Sensor with 1920 x 1080 resolution.
- DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor for noise-free images.
- A rich capacity of Battery Pack BP-727.
- CameraWindow DC software to import the videos to a PC or Mac
- Highlight Priority Mode to correct the Backlight.
- Light weighted camera to hold and operate.
- Advanced zoom facility for capturing the distant shoot clearly.
- Easy software facility to import videos to a PC or Mac.
- User friendly stabilizer to dismiss the shaky shoots and make it steady and sharp.
- Best camcorder to explore both fast and slow video recording features.
- Doesn’t have any Wi-Fi technology.
- Some may feel difficulties dealing with the background noise.
Comparatively low price with super 57x zooming facility in Canon VIXIA HF R800, videographers get to hold and operate a super lightweight camcorder in the absence of a tripod. If you are a beginner, you can try this one for practice.
Finding a suitable camcorder for personal or professional purposes is not that much hard work if you have a basic idea about the features. Moreover, most of the camcorder contains some basic features which will help the videographer to shoot his video. In this article, we have mentioned the specific features, pros, and cons of the respective camcorders for the better knowledge of the user. You can go through the article and select the specific features which you need for your work. And that’s how you can select the best camcorder under 300 according to your requirements.