It’s not easy capturing videos of sports or games like other typical live streaming videos or vlog shooting. All the sports are filled with packs of action and are quite tough to record videos without the best camcorder for sports. You might think your latest smartphone is capable of shooting such videos. But, to avail more professional-looking videos, you need to make the best shot with the proper video cameras that are dedicated to cover sports-related shooting and videos.
These cameras are specially-built considering the shooting of games, sports, or similar live actions. There’re even some unique features that you’ll only get in such camcorders. Now, the question is, which one should be your right-fit camcorder for your task. Let’s know a whole list of such camcorders. Okay?
Let’s take a quick look first:
- Best Value for money: Sony HDR-CX405/B
- Top Rated: Canon VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder
- Best 4K Camcorder: Sony FDRAX53
- Best for soccer games recruiting and analysis: Panasonic HC-V380k
- Best Screen Size: Canon VIXIA HF G40
- Best Wide-Angle Lens: Panasonic HC-W580k
- Best for indoor games: Panasonic HC-WXf991k
- Best Time-Lapse video: Sony HDRCX455/B
- Best Wireless Connectivity: Sony HDRCX440
- Best Microphone/Audio: Sony HDR-CX450
Now it’s time for some elaboration.
1. Sony HDR-CX405/B
- 1 1. Sony HDR-CX405/B
- 2 2. Sony FDR AX53
- 3 3. Panasonic HC-WXF991K:
- 4 4. Panasonic HC-V380K – Best for soccer games recruiting and analysis
- 5 5. Sony HDRCX455/B
- 6 6. Sony HDR-CX450
- 7 7. Canon VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder
- 8 8. Sony HDRCX440
- 9 9. Canon VIXIA HF G40
- 10 Conclusion
Sony HDR-CX405 model is one from their 2015 series. This model delivers almost all the creative features that you would wish for in a camcorder for sports video recording within its minimal budget. The camera body of the Sony HDR-CX405 weighs 6.7-ounce, which is good enough to ensure better mobility. It comes with a hand-strap that allows the users to hold it comfortably for recording purposes.
Coming with an impressive zooming capability of 27x range along with its wide-angle Carl Zeiss lens, this camcorder can actually shoot in very low-light condition. The Exmor CMOS Sensor allows you to create high-definition 1920 x 1080 videos along with 9.2MP stills. It also ensures amazing image clarity and reduces grain drastically. a 29.8mm wide-angle lens confirms that you won’t miss anything in your shot. It’s quite efficient LCD display will allow you to see sharper, vivid, and brighter images, and help you compose your shot more efficiently. You can also choose the change settings quite easily.
Face detection technology can distinguish between people of different ages. It’s capable of detecting up to eight different faces and adjusting different aspects like exposure, focus, flash, white balance, etc., to deliver crisper images of your friends and family. There’re also 7 different video effects that you can add to your ordinary shots to make them extraordinary.
- Shooting at 50 Mbps in 1920 x 1080 resolution with the XAVX S1 camcorder technology along with MP4 codecs.
- Zooming options of 30x and 60x ranges.
- Wide-angle ZEISS lens of 26.8 mm focal length.
- SteadyShot optical image stabilization technique with active mode option.
- Face detection technology allows shooting high-quality human images/videos.
- Built-in USB cable to transfer files.
- A compact and lightweight device for better movability.
- Enjoy shake-free shots with better image stabilization techniques.
- Intelligent auto-scene selection process.
- Face detection, voice enhancement, and noise reduction techniques.
- No touchscreen option on its LCD display mode.
- No external microphone input is attached to the camera body.
Sony HDR-CX405 is really a cost-effective camcorder option that perfectly suits professional or amateur videographers to perfectly capture their moments. You can shoot quite efficiently, no matter if it’s indoor, at broad daylight, or even in any lower-light gloomy condition. Sony HDR-CX405 promises to deliver.
2. Sony FDR AX53
The third 4K camcorder model coming from the mega-brand in the market Sony is the Sony FDR-AX53.It comes relatively larger in size comparing the other names of the AX series but still features a smaller sensor. Despite featuring all the standout in-built settings, this camcorder costs you around 300 bucks cheaper than others, and thus it possesses itself at the center of attraction of large potential users.
Due to this model’s compact body size, it’s not highly recommended for commercial shooting purposes. But still, it comes with different advanced features to allow the model greatly used for live-action shooting of many sports.
Coming with an incredible resolution of 1080, this camcorder can deliver you 4k video recording of 30p movies along with full HD streaming of 60p videos. Thanks to the XAVCS codec, all the footage shot will come as completely clear and vibrant. Its newly-built image sensor provides pixels of around 1.6 times greater than any normal camera. Thus, you can shoot better in dark conditions.
This camcorder is featured with ZEISS 26.8mm lens, which allows the videographers to shoot with both 20x and 30x zooming. It introduces the newest Steady-Shot technology that helps in reducing camera shake and allows capturing clearer, more vivid still images & videos.
An attached multi-purpose ring helps in adjusting different camera functions like focusing, zoom, shutter speed, camera exposure, etc. You can easily pick any mode with its dedicated manual button. A great live preview of your shoot is ensured by the excellent job done by its electronic viewfinder.
- XAVC-S video recording in 4K mode.
- 16.6 MP video quality.
- B.O.S.S. (Balanced Optical Steady Shot) image stabilization technology.
- 5-directional microphone with advanced structural design to ensure less noise in the audio.
- Speedy autofocus system due to intelligent AF features.
- Share your video in a live streaming without downloading it by Ustream live stream feature.
- Great improvement in optical zooming capabilities.
- Super-sampling technology allows enjoying better HD quality.
- Supports both Slo-Mo and time-lapses video technology.
- No available option of live streaming in HDMI.
- Expensive camcorder.
You can get almost all premium-level camera features and options with a relative budget cut while using Sony FDRAX53 Camcorder. Considering the overall ins and outs, it is one of the best camcorders for sports, who wants to autofocus on speedy moving conditions..
3. Panasonic HC-WXF991K:
Panasonic launched some new models in the market, revamping their previous ones. Panasonic HC-WXF991K is one of such models, which is actually an upgrade of WX970. It’s come with some advanced technologies, including a tilt-capable electronic viewfinder, dolly zooming options, slow-motion video recording, etc. It’s one of the most user-friendly camcorders.
The best thing about this camcorder is its lens. LEICA Decoma lens with a smooth 20x zooming range along with 5-axis image stabilization technology allows any videographer to come with some amazing footage. Even not owning a tripod won’t come as a big issue. BSI MOS Sensor delivers images of 18.91 megapixels 4K videos and photo captures.
Another useful feature coming with this camcorder is twin camera technology supporting a second camera with the flip-out display. This’ll allow you to record multi-picture videos from different directions. There’re options for different video settings, including the cropping and editing of videos. Tracking, zooming, panning, stabilizing all are possible with this camcorder. You can also add various effects like Slow-motion videos, dolly zoom, 4k time-lapses, etc.
There’s the availability of inbuilt Wi-Fi settings through which you can remotely use this camcorder by your smart-phones. All you need to do is install a Panasonic mobile app. You can also use UStream to live stream videos and share them with your closest circle. The in-built microphone offers the best audio quality as it picks very minimal noise.
- 4k HD video recording with 1080p quality image editing.
- 20x optical zooming option, 5-axis optical image stabilization features.
- Professional recording experience with Electronic viewfinder.
- Quick mode changing capability with dedicated HDR button.
- Exclusive HDR helps in the reduction of overly higher contrast and balances camera look.
- Various video editing with dolly zoom, 4k video cropping, image stabilization, slow/quick motion videos, etc.
- Comes with in-built Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Focal length varies from 4.0 to around 81.6mm.
- Different-angled video capturing options due to the twin camera functionality.
- A relatively less priced camcorder compared to similar other models and brands.
- 5-axis image stabilization for steadier video quality.
- Incredible in-camera video editing facility with different cinema-like effects.
- No remote-control option when the camera is connected to any HDMI output.
- Poor color rendering option with the camcorder.
- Fuzziness often appears in 4k video shooting.
You won’t get many cameras that can shoot you 4k video along with creative in-camera editing solutions, right? Considering these availabilities, I must say Panasonic HC-WXF991K is a gem of a camcorder.
4. Panasonic HC-V380K – Best for soccer games recruiting and analysis
Panasonic HC-V380K Camcorder is a more professional camera than most entry-level or higher-end camcorders. It allows more optical zoom range than usual models. Despite its higher value than the predecessor versions, it’s well-efficient in operation. It has a great combination of different innovative features and intuitive controls. It introduces a wireless multi-camera function to allow recording two different camera angles.
You’ll get multiple viewpoints and video angles.
It features a 28mm wide-angle lens with 35mm of equivalent focal length to let you fit more subjects in your shot. It also provides an optical zooming range of 50x and an intelligent zoom function of 90x. The later one combines features like video sharpening, image up-scaling, digital zooming, etc., and delivers some vivid shoots.
Optical Image Stabilization technology provides 5-axis protection from the blurriness of your video and removes the necessity of using a tripod at all. Also, the level shot technology detects and auto-corrects all tilting and shaking that Occurred during the video recording process.
Apart from the wireless multi-camera feature, this camcorder also has the advantages of Wi-Fi control that allows remote control operation by using a smartphone or tablet. There is also a baby monitor feature that’s included in this camcorder. You can use this feature to check on your sleeping baby from another room. You will also love the creative control settings coming with this camcorder.
- Full HD camcorder with 50X optical zoom.
- Twin camera features.
- 5X optical image stabilization for better stability.
- 3-inch LCD touchscreen and 28mm wide-angle lens to provide maximum camera view.
- Wi-Fi connectivity and wireless multi-camera function.
- Larger screen size and more zooming capability.
- Easy function with creative camera control effects.
- Availability of wireless multi-camera solutions.
- A bit expensive camera.
- No much gain in shooting experience.
If your priority is a larger camera screen and more zoom capability, then Panasonic HC-V380KCamcorder should be your first choice for your sports shooting projects.
5. Sony HDRCX455/B
Sony HDRCX455/B is one of the cheapest camcorders coming from the Sony brand. There are many impressive mid-ranged yet useful features in this inexpensive camcorder that makes it a popular choice than many of the advanced camcorders available in the market.
Coming with a very compact design and easy-to-use feature, this camcorder offers a 26.8 mm wide-angle lens with optical zooming power of 30X.The display comes with 460k dots screen resolution, which is far better than the typical camcorders having a mediocre range of 230kdots of screen resolution.
Sony HDRCX455/B Offers the SteadyShot image stabilization technology to make the videos completely distortion-free. Again, the intelligent 5-axis active mode offers better steady shooting quality by compensating shaking in 5 directions. The auto-focus option of this camcorder is really faster due to the attached first intelligent AF technology. It amplifies lens drive speed and predicts the AF range pretty well.
This camcorder model comes with a 5.1-channel microphone and offers superior quality audio capture. You can effectively capture ambient noise around the scene of your captured videos. There’s also an auto wind noise reduction technology that will cancel out any sort of distracting wind sound.
- 3-inch LCD display.
- 26.8 mm ZEISS lens with basic 30x basic Optical zoom and60X advanced zooming option.
- Shooting at 50 Mbps with 1920 x 1080 resolution in XAVC S format.
- SteadyShot image stabilization technique.
- Intelligent active mode for a better shooting experience.
- High-quality time lapse video in HD format.
- Coming with a built-in USB cable for file transferring and charging facilities.
- 128 sized included memory-cards.
- Capture your decisive moment with its Fast, Intelligent AF technology.
- Effective and faster autofocus features.
- Greatly powerful image stabilization process.
- Reasonable in price.
- Immense sound quality.
- Not so standout video quality.
- Doesn’t support slow-motion video effects.
If you have a limited budget, but you need to own an incredible camcorder that can offer almost all the regular features of a sports shooting camcorder, then Sony HDRCX455/B should be on your watchlist.
6. Sony HDR-CX450
Coming with advanced, user-friendly features, the Sony HDR-CX450 camcorder can certainly keep all your memories fresh for a long time. Its light and compact design will allow you to bring this handy camcorder to your trips and tours. You won’t miss any details of your captured videos and photos due to its30x optical zoom and higher resolution of 1920 x 1080. Allow this camcorder to shoot at both mp4 and AVCHD formats. You can either shoot high-definition videos or the lighter ones to share in your social network.
The ZEISS lens used in this camcorder will allow an optical zoom range of 30x along with a 60x clear zooming option for versatile shooting options. You can enjoy a wide-angle lens of up to 26.8 mm focal length with an aspect ratio of 16: 9 for video recording. High-quality XAVC S video format will take your video shooting to the next level. SteadyShot stabilization process ensures better image stability and gets rid of all handshaking problems in a 5-axis direction with Intelligent Active Mode selection.
You’ll be able to capture time-lapse video settings. In this process, you can take continuous still images for an extensive-time period and then edit this total sequence of pictures to make a playback. You’ll love the one-touch operation of this camcorder. Remotely control it and share your captures just by the one-touch technology. Maximize your innovation by using its smile shutter, lock-on auto-focus, face detection, or motion shot video features.
- 5.1-channel microphone for enhanced audio settings.
- Wireless connectivity by using NFC or Wi-Fi control.
- Dual video capturing.
- Optical Steady Shot feature along with Intelligent Active Mode to ensure 5-axis stability.
- Fast intelligent auto-focusing feature.
- Light and easy-to-use construction.
- Effective image stabilizer.
- Simple, yet sophistication in action.
- Incredible sound quality with 5.1 channel microphone.
- Relatively low shutter speed.
- Offers lower Lux settings.
Not many camcorders are well-equipped and well-featured, like Sony HDR-CX450. It is certainly one of the best camcorders for sports recording available in the market.
7. Canon VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder
You can get this camcorder unit at a far lower price than any android, tablet, or iPhone, but yet it can deliver you quality video services. Canon VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder comes with super-strong internal components and offers an incredible imaging performance by its DIGIC DV 4 image processor. An amazing resolution of 1920 x 1080 ensures a full HD 3.28-megapixel image, thanks to its CMOS sensor. Bright image clarity is delivered because of the excellent on-chip noise reduction process. You won’t miss any natural color, and even in the low-light atmosphere, the image will look like real-life. The image stabilization process will give your more shake-free and tilt-free clear images.
You can add a 32 GB or 64 GB SD memory card in this camcorder to its particular slot. There’s also a feature known as file lock that disables different actions like deleting, trimming, copying, etc. The USB connectivity feature of this camcorder enables it to transfer files quickly and without any hassle. You can watch all full HD videos on HDTV with this camcorder.
Canon VIXIA HF R800 delivers an amazing 57x advanced zooming That eliminates any sort of disruption while filming the video. If you’re in a forest on a gloomy or sunny day, you can easily shoot with this video-cam. There are 15 different levels of zoom speed settings that allow maximization of your video creativity. You can also use the built-in video editor for furnishing your captured shots.
- 3-inch touch along with clearly visible LCD screen.
- The advanced zooming option of 57x range.
- Super-range Image Stabilization technology to allow disrupt-free video quality.
- Better sensitivity with an HD CMOS image sensor ensures better image quality.
- Lightweight and easy to use.
- Better image stabilization technique.
- A hand strap is attached to the body for camera holding.
- No availability of internal memory.
- SD memory card not included.
- Doesn’t feature any Wi-Fi technology.
An impressive high-definition 1080p video performance is ensured with a very lower price with Canon VIXIA HF R800.You can consider this camera as your first camcorder if you’re a beginner.
8. Sony HDRCX440
CX series is the entry-level camcorder designed by Sony, and among the most popular units of this series, one is Sony HDRCX440. The compact body and lightweight construction of this Handycam have all the physical controls next to it. This Camcorder provides 9.2-megapixel High definition 1920 x 1080 resolution videos. Its Exmor R CMOS sensor is specially-built for compact-sized camcorders. The wide-angle Carl Zeiss Lens provides an optical zooming range of 30x along with a focal length of 26.8mm, which is equivalent to 35mm.
The 2.7-inch LCD display of this camcorder provides a great quality of 230k dot Resolution to ensure sharper image quality. It supports a dual video format of both AVCHD and MP4 recording. You can even capture both of these video formats simultaneously. The SteadyShot stabilization process aligned with Active Mode delivers better video quality by avoiding all shaking and jolting. There’re a variety of 7 different video and image effects that you can add to make your videos more interesting and innovative.
The Multi-camera control settings of this camcorder work under Wi-Fi connectivity and allows to connect other cameras which are compatible with the same feature. Ensure easy connectivity with its built-in and high speed USB 2.0 cable and enables easy file transfer. You can also charge your camcorder using this cable. Complete the auto scene selection for beginner videographers using the intelligent auto-mode feature.
- 26.8mm focal length of the ZEISS lens with zooming capabilities of 30x or 60x.
- 2.7- inch LCD display to ensure better viewpoint.
- It is connected with an HDMI terminal.
- SteadyShot optical image stabilization process.
- Wireless connection, control, and share with Wi-Fi and NFC availability.
- USB cable for file transfer and quick charging.
- 8GB of Internal memory card.
- Dual video recording options.
- Multi-camera control to offer better control and expand better possibilities.
- Impressive 1080p capture quality.
- Relatively lower-in price.
- Easy-to-use camera unit.
- No slow-motion recording option.
You mightn’t get this Sony HDR-CX440, a slam-dunk camera unit, but within a limited price tag, this camcorder offers you all the useful features along with the basic video capturing requirements. Undoubtedly, it’s one of your must-try camera units.
9. Canon VIXIA HF G40
If you want some cool stuff with advanced video technologies within your limited bucks, then Canon VIXIA HF G40 should be on top of your consideration list. It comes with plenty of manual settings and physical controls that allow the videographers to come with their desired outputs. To add more convenience in operation, there are 5 different buttons known as Assign Buttons that allow the users’ quick access and operation.
Some distinctive features have made this camcorder a standout choice. Its larger 3.5-inch OLED display is accompanied by an electronic viewfinder, incredible lightweight of only 1.7-pound, 1080p video recording at AVCHD or MP4 format, advanced CMOS image sensor, dynamic image stabilization technology, etc. just made this camcorder a unique choice to many camcorder users or professionals.
This camcorder body is equipped with a dual-band powerful Wi-Fi module that supports dual-frequency of 2.4 and 5.0 GHz. There’s no internal memory in this unit, but dual SD card slots are available on its body to support dual memory cards. The package comes with equipment like HDMI cable, Interface cable, Wireless controller, stereo video cable, and lens hood attached with a barrier.
- 20x zoom lens with High-definition features.
- 3.5-inch sized OLED screen featuring 10,000:1 contrast ratio.
- Dual SD card slots.
- Advanced CMOS image sensor with better low-light performance.
- Built-in Wi-Fi facilities.
- Better and clearer image performance than other relatively more expensive units.
- Different bunch of manual controls.
- Incredibly low-light optical performance.
- Comes with a package full of different accessories and cables.
- No internal memory card is attached.
- No NFC features included.
- Quite an expensive camera unit.
Canon VIXIA HF G40 is a great inclusion of the Canon series, and its specially-built focuses on low-light optical performance. It’s a more attractive alternative to other similar camcorders.
10. Panasonic HC-W580K
Panasonic HC-W580K model comes as the direct successor of model HC-W570 and provides some better improvement in different areas, including the creative controls. It’s one of the best-selling models around the world from Panasonic. It features a wide-angle lens covering a focal length of 28mm range. Thus, plenty of subjects will fit easily into the frame very easily. 50x optical zoom is the basic range of the camera. It also provides an intelligent zooming option of 90x that provides services like sharpening, zooming, image furnishing, etc., to deliver crisper images.
Hybrid O.I.S.+ technology provides a superior image stabilization technique, whereas the Level Shot feature detects and tilt-free images. You can also adjust with different settings. The twin camera allows innovative and efficient recording with a secondary mobile with 2-Megapixel and a focal length of 30.6mm.
Wi-Fi connection enables the wireless multi-camera feature to enable multiple angles and different viewpoints. Movie capturing in HDR mode is available. There is also the remote controlling option by the built-in Wi-Fi connectivity. Use the baby monitor feature to check on your kids. The creative control effects allow a wide range of video editing options to the users as well.
- Recording of full HD 1080p sharp video.
- 50x optical zoom with 90x intelligent zooming option.
- The wide-angle lens of 28mm focal length.
- HDR movie capturing ability.
- 5-axis hybrid image stabilization technique.
- Wi-Fi and NFC features.
- A cool inclusion of the Twin-camera feature.
- Creative control to add versatile operations.
- Nice addition of HDR movie capture.
- No internal memory is included.
- A bit pricey unit.
Panasonic HC-W580K comes with all the fun features. The price might be an issue for the users. Otherwise, this model is on the pole position of the best camcorder for any sports that you can purchase.
Finding the perfect camcorder to shoot any live-action sports isn’t tough if you know the basic features or technologies for your shooting purposes.
Look for a camcorder that can offer options like creative control effects, time-lapses capture, wide-angle range, super image stabilization, twin-camera feature, multi-camera connectivity options, different zooming facilities, and finally, the most important thing, clearer video capturing abilities. If a camcorder can combine all these options, then it may be considered as the best camcorder for sports.